GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Grid reference in print

Hi,

I am trying to place a grid reference into a printout.

The method I am trying is to use a stored procedure to retrieve the correct grid. However I cannot get Smart Client to call the stored procedure.

In my Print Values I have the call like this as sql placeholder:

EXEC [dbo].[spGET_IG_REF]

The stored procedure works directly in SQL management studio and returns a set value but Smart Client will not call the sp.

Maybe there is a better way to do this if you have any suggestions!

I am trying to get the reference of a grid(Polygon) based on the map center point when I print?

Thanks

Ciaran

Staff

Re: Grid reference in print

Hi Ciaran,

I'm not sure the execution of stored procedures is supported out of the box. In workflows for instance there are ways to use them, but in general a custom trigger is required. 

I'm not sure what you are doing with that stored procedure, but if you just need a value computed from the database you might try with a function instead. That should work.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Re: Grid reference in print

Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to get this working. SP was getting a value from the DB using the session id. For some reason it was not calling the sp from the print.

Now it is!

Thanks

Ciaran