GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Loading Map data in GMSC

Hi Everyone,

I'm new member and studying GMSC. I've crerated a Project and imported my data but I don't know what I should do to load my data in GMSC. When I run "http://localhost/GMSC" I don't know username and password(pls see a picture below)12-20-2016.png

I got an error while configuring search the data.E2.png

E1.png

Somes helps me how to resolve them? many thanks

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Loading Map data in GMSC

Hi,

please have a look at the tutorial section. Here is the first introduction:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Tutorials/GeoMedia-Smart-Client-Overview/ta-p/1970

and a quick checklist:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Tutorials/Quick-Check-List-for-setting-up-a-project-i...

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Sturcato,

I have a proplem with base map when I want to use Google Map as a background and then I got an error(pls see picture below).

Could you help me how to resolve it? many thanks

Gogle.png

Highlighted
Staff

Hi, 

could you please give additional information? Where would you like to use Google Maps? How did you configure it?

regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi sturcato,

I'm using OpentreetMap as background but I couldn't configure GoogleMaps. Beside, Could you pls help me configure with search function?.I've got an error (pls see the pictures below)P

Search.png

and then I Click save button.

E1.png

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Sturcato, Could you tell me why I couln't define a restricted role for GMSC. Althought, I 've run the command in SQL server, I've got many errors.(pls see a picture below) many thanks,12-26AM.png

Highlighted
Staff

Those statements are for Oracle. From the documentation:

Using SQL Server

If you are using SQL Server, just create a new database on the SQL Server and define a user. The database name and the user with the password must be the same as in the GeoMedia Smart Client Configuration dialog box.

About the previous error please still have a look at the doc and this tutorial (you probably missed the full text search setup). In any case getting such an error you always have to check administrator log file on the server side.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial