GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Multiple display rules doesn't work with Offline Feature?

Hello,

My use case is as follows:

I have an offline Feature with two display rules,

display rule A with sql-Filter 'key_01 = 1' and

display rule B with sql-Filter 'key_01 <> 1'.

let us assume: key_01 is a column of the Table TABLE_EXAMPLE, the offline Table is FEATURE_1234 In H2-DB.

Now in online mode the column key_01 in table TABLE_EXAMPLE will be changed. The the filter works and depending on key_01 value the respective display rule will be used.

In offline mode the filter will not be evaluated at runtime. My application changes the value of key_01 in H2 Table FEATURE_1234, but the style will not be changed.

But IMO the filter must be used on key_01 column in FEATURE_1234 table (cause the TABLE_EXAMPLE table is not accessible).

Is my assumption correct and is there an solution for my use case.

Thanks and Greetings,

René

Staff

Re: Multiple display rules doesn't work with Offline Feature?

Hi René,

In offline-mode display rules aren't evaluated at all. This is only done by the GMSC-server. If an offline-feature is synchronized with the server then all primitives matching all display rules are rewritten to the offline-table. Each primitive knows its style according to the display rules. So at client side evaluating display rules is never done.

Best regards,

Gerd

Gerd Müller-Schramm
Developer
gerd.mueller-schramm@hexagongeospatial.com