GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist on standalone GMSC 16.6

Hi,

I'm using GMSC 16.6 and I have a problem with displaying list form in standalone mode.

When I run my workflow https://war-hsiv-nidg.ingrnet.com/StandaloneWorkflows/?workflow=TEST in web browser it works correctly.

When I try to display simple form, it also works correctly. But when I try to display list form, then I get "ORA-00942: table or view does not exist " error.

I've checked similar duscussions in community, and I found that the problem could be SEC_SESSION table, so I've copied empty SEC_SESSION table from GMSC Oracle schema to my Oracle schema(to the schema that is being used by my workflow). Unfortunatelly it didn't help. What can be the reason?

Here's my Workflow.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration" />
</configSections>

<appSettings>
<add key="Debug" value="true"/>
</appSettings>

<connectionStrings>
<!-- added connection-->
<add name="GCW" connectionString="Data Source=NID;User ID=GMSC;Password=GMSC" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider"/>
<add name="test" connectionString="Data Source=NID;User ID=GMSC;Password=GMSC" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider"/>
</connectionStrings>

<unity>
<typeAliases>
<typeAlias alias="AuthorizationProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="ConnectionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="SessionProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Security.ISessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.SecurityBase, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<!--remove
<typeAlias alias="ReportProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IReportProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<typeAlias alias="MapProvider" type="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.IMapProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
-->
</typeAliases>
<containers>
<!-- added container-->
<container>
<types>
<type type="AuthorizationProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.AnonymousAuthorizationProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<type type="ConnectionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.ConnectionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
<type type="SessionProvider" mapTo="Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.WorkflowSessionProvider, Intergraph.Emea.Workflows, Version=16.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9d92a70b1d7f7210" />
</types>
</container>
</containers>
</unity>
</configuration>

gmsc2.png

Highlighted
Staff

Re: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist on standalone GMSC 16.6

Hi,

the SEC_SESSION table is need if you want to use the ISession provider that you defined in the workflow.config. With this every user will get a unique sessionid stored in the session for all of the variables used within the workflow execution.

In your case form1 looks valid because it is not bound to any table. Your LISTA_CMENTARZ2 is bound to the table GCW.CMENTARZ, please make sure that you can query that table using the connectionstring you specified in your workflow.config file (it could be you have no rights to select it or maybe you do not need the schema).

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ok, you are right. 

In Workflow.config I have a connection configured as follows(so, it's connection to GMSC configuration database):

<add name="test" connectionString="Data Source=NID;User ID=GMSC;Password=GMSC" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider"/>

My list form needs to connect to GCW.CMENTARZ oracle table. 

So If I give a privilege: 

grant select on GCW.CMENTARZ to GMSC

then my list works properly!

But I don't want to give this privilege to GMSC oracle schema.Is there a possibility to configure connection to my GCW oracle schema in Workflow.config file? If so, what should be connection name?

i.e.

<add name="???" connectionString="Data Source=NID;User ID=GCW;Password=GCW" providerName="Intergraph.Emea.Data.OracleProvider"/>

Highlighted
Staff

the connectionstring should be set to the data schema, not the GMSC schema. The name of the connection should reflect the name of the workflow.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks,

You've solved my problem.