GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Open action on FormReport doesn't open the report file for preview

Hi all,

I've a FormReport (type="pdf"), open action, working properly (opens the output pdf in default Adobe Reader in few systems) and doesn't open file for preview in some (I've noticed 2 such PCs). What could be the reason?

One thing I've noticed difference in between these two systems is. In the non working systems the %temp% doesn't redirect to usual {USER}\AppData\Local\Temp folder. Instead it redirects to {USER}\AppData\Local\Temp\2 (The client has his own conventions). Does that sub folder '2' has something to do with this particular problem? Or should I troubleshoot it with some other aspect? If so, What is it?.

Thanks,

Vipanth

Highlighted

Re: Open action on FormReport doesn't open the report file for preview

Hi Vipanth.

Does the .pdf on the non working machines get cached to the {USER}\AppData\Local\Temp\2 ?

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

It rarely does cache.

Now I have another point for this problem. I am currently facing this problem also in my personel development machine (It's temp folder is properly redirected). The new common feature now I found among these systems is, all the three of them are Windows Server 2008 R2. I think I need to raise SR for this.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Solved the issue.

The problem was with the Java version. Open action is not working properly with jre > 1.8u111. Degraded the version back to 8u25. The stable one so far.

Worked with version jre-1.8_u25