GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Plugin Development: How to get access to feature tables attributes

Hi,

I want to develop a plugin, in which I need to get access and work with the data in the columns of features that are part of the GMSC project.

Is there any way to access the data of attributive columns for usage in my plugin? What would be the best approach here?

Thanks and regards,

Sven

Staff

Re: Plugin Development: How to get access to feature tables attributes

Hi Sven,

is there a specific requirement for a custom plugin? I'm asking because in general those interactions are done on the server side. On the client side we store only few information from the database, unless you are talking about an offline feature.

You can anyway start to interact with the metadata and then do a search (or predefined query) to get what you need?

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Client-Metadata/ta-p/2126

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hi Stefano,

yes, it is a requirement to dynamically display a combination of the feature related attributes as labeling.

I also thought that this information is not available on the clientside by default. Could it be a solution if the feature was configured as an offline feature? What are the downsides?

Unfortunately I can not access the examples because I am blocked on BitBucket.

Regards,

Sven

Staff

Hi Sven,

offline features are stored on a local H2 database. The downsides may be the footprint of the db, depending on how big is your feature (there is no tiling for such a feature).

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial