GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

Public Maps - ideas for POI on linear features

Customer would like members of the public to be able to click on linear features - such as a water main - to see details.

I don't believe direct click on linear feature is possible.

I tried setting up a copy of the linear feature and defined it as point. Then added a symbology using geometry math to specify point. displayed as a feature in the public map view. Was able to create a POI based on the feature but the resulting POI would not display iin the public map view. Not sure if thats a WAD or issue.

While the geoemtry math technique would not be ideal - would only have occassional nodes could click on - it might have been a starting point.

Thinking next might play with a view in db that has point repeating along the line - not sure how difficult that will be yet (SQL Server spatial).

Or could use GeoMedia to generate repeating points, but that adds overhead to maintenance processes.

Any other ideas/approaches?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Public Maps - ideas for POI on linear features

Hi Shaun,

what about building a buffer around the line geometry in either the symbology of the feature or in database and use the resulting area feature to click on.

Regards,

Sven

Super Contributor

Re: Public Maps - ideas for POI on linear features

Unfortuntely linear and area features cannot be POIs. And only POIs are interactive in the public map - unless I'm missing something fundemental.