GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Publishing a massive WMTS in GMSC (used for Public Maps)

Hi Guys

I need a  WMTS Aerial Imagery basemap to be used as the basemep within Public Maps. My solution is to use GMSC to create the WMTS.

Due to the size of the area and zoom level, the number of tiles to publish is huge - 300 million tiles. Based on the spec of the server we have, this will take approx 3 years to complete the tiling..

I know you can use Apollo to server up the imagery as WMTS, but apprently Apollo WMTS doesn't work with Public Maps at the moment, a SR has been logged. Is there any other solutions that can be possibly used here?

Cheers

Yuan 

Staff

Re: Publishing a massive WMTS in GMSC (used for Public Maps)

Hi Yuan,

WebMap WMTS may be a solution. 

Having multiple webmap mapsvr processes creating the tiles will definitely cut down the publishing time.

Regards,

Frank

Frequent Contributor

just giving a update. we managed to make the Apollo WMTS show in GMSC public maps under 3857, however still doesn't work under our local coordiate system 2193.

cheers

Yuan

Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Yuan,

I initially thought Public Map supports only EPSG 4326 and 3857, but then development pointed out that Public Map does support the CSF defined in GMSC:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/book#!book;uri=5b98540fe7b090111c4491da21e684ec;breadcrumb...

If GMSC can display your EPSG 2193 features but GMSC Public Map cannot, then please log a SR for further investigation.

Regards,

Frank