GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Separate Digitizing and Attribution into 2 workflow froms

at workflow forms definition, Is there is a way to separate the digitizing & attribution processes for the same layer in 2 different forms. one for entering only the attributes and the other to draw feature geometry.

I have tried to enter attributes only then save form without drawing geometry. the record is saved successfully to database because i have allowed null for Geometry column. but the workflow return error "Workflow has ended" & there is nothing written to the Log file.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Separate Digitizing and Attribution into 2 workflow froms

Hi Maha, 

I think in case if you have NOT NULL attribute in GEOMETRY column, there is no way how to do it. Because if you send attributes from WF to the database, at the end this generates something like INSERT INTO TABLE (Atr1, Atr2, Atr3) values (Atr1Value, Atr2Value, Atr3Value) but in this case GEOMETRY has to be null. 

I have 2 ideas how to do it ...

1. divide attributes and geometry into 2 different tables (both can have the same ID - it is relation 1:1)
  2. allow NULL values in the geometry column

"Workflow has ended" is not an error Smiley Happy It is just information that you haven't defined how workflow should continue, so it ends. You just have to define follownode attribute in workflowsetting file for your node. It can be the same node as you are actually on and it just refreshes (navigate to) the same page (node) after save action.

Regards,

Jakub

Frequent Contributor

Thank you very much..

I have put both attributes & geometry at the same table and removed the geometry new and edit actions in case of attribution. it sometimes work and insert attributes data successfully & sometimes return unexpected error and wite "Identifier 'ID' not found in values" although the ID field is defined at MSSQL as autonumber.

Frequent Contributor

I have cretaed the same workflow at GMSC 2015 and it is working correctly, then i transferred the xml files of wf to GMSC 2016 and it is working correctly without any error messages.

but when i created the same wf at GMSC 2016 workflow editor GUI, it returns unexpected error and log "Identifier 'ID' not found in values".

is there is any extra configuration that i must done at the new WF GUI ?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

just an idea ...

You have to add ID field as FormField - can be visible="hidden", but it has to be placed in a form. 

Generally, if you have configuration of Form tag with attribute idfield="ID", you have to add ID as the FormField in this form.

Regards,

Jakub

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

It is worked after setting the properties of ID to the following: Persisted: "true", SaveInSession: null, Editable: null.

i got that after more trials. i do not know exactly the cause of errors.