GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Smart Client and Windows 10 Home

Hi there,

I am looking at suitable tablets for one of our contractors and I see they have Windows 10 Home on them.

Is there a difference between this and your standard Windows 10 that will stop Smart Client from working?

Regards,

Josh

Technical Evangelist

Re: Smart Client and Windows 10 Home

There should be no problem running GMSC if the tablet uses Windows 10 Home, Pro or Enterprise.

BUT, if it had e.g. Windows 10 S, the users wouldn't be able to use other apps than those downloadable from Microsoft Store -> it wouldn't be possible to install and run App Launcher.

I would be also afraid of the client behavior which is not optimized for touch screens

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

One of our contractors wants to purchase a Surface Go which does have Windows in S mode.

However I see you can switch out of it here https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4456067/windows-10-switch-out-of-s-mode

Would you say in this case you could use Smart Client on such a device?

The device in question is https://www.harveynorman.com.au/microsoft-surface-go-2-intel-corem3-8gb-128gb-ssd-lte.html which other than S mode looks ok to me.

Regards,

Josh

Technical Evangelist

Hi Josh,

I haven't personally tested this workflow, but I believe it should just work.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial