GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Supported raster types in GMSC 2020

[ Edited ]

I cannot seem to find a documentation stating which raster types are supported to use in GMSC 2020. Can someone direct me please? 

Technical Evangelist

Re: Supported rater types in GMSC 2020

Hi Eran,

This is what I found in the 2016 documentation (I doubt there's any change in 2020):

Supported file formats:

Tested by the Product Center:

• PNG

• TIFF

• ECW v2

• JPEG

ECW v3 is supported by GDAL 1.11.1 which is used by GMSC 2016.1

If you check the list of GDAL supported formats ( http://gdal.org/1.11/formats_list.html - Compiled by default), than you will see that GDAL supports a huge number of raster formats.

In addition the GMSC 2016 setup installs the following plugins (see [GMSC_INSTALL]\Program\Gdal\x64\plugins) .

• FITS (.fits)

• Bathymetry Attributed Grid (.bag)

• Oracle Spatial GeoRaster

• GMT Compatible netCDF

• Hierarchical Data Format Release 5 (HDF5)

• Multi-resolution Seamless Image Database

• NetCDF

Please note that all these formats will not be tested by the GMSC team and we can't guarantee that any of these formats still work after a version upgrade.

---

In addition to that, you can use whatever format is supported by GeoMedia / WebMap, in case of usage the WebMap integration feature. By that I mean rasters registered in the GDO Warehouse.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Re: Supported raster types in GMSC 2020

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your answer Jan. The ECW support is what I was searching for (though not sure why ECWv3 is not used natively and tested, being a proprietary format of Hexagon). But I can't wonder does GMSC 2020 (which came late 2019) supports a higher version of GDAL than 1.1 (which is quite old)? If not, does GMSC 2021 does?

Technical Evangelist

ECW v3 and GDAL 1.11.1 support was added in 2016 EP01, and 2018-later.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

As per the NuGet gallery, the version 1.11.1 was the latest stable version when the GMSC libraries were updated, which happened in later 2016.

https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL/

Newer GDAL version was released in 2018...

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial