GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

Symbology previews empty

Hi community

Our customer cannot see any previews when editing symbols in the style editor. Do you have an idea what the cause could be?

Thanks a lot in advance

Cristina

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Symbology previews empty

Hi Cristina,

any error when opening up StyleEditor? Can you please have a look at the developer console, when you reload the page, where you edit the style?

Kind regards,

Stefan

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Stefan

Yes there are two errors when looking at the developer console (see attachment).

Regards

Cristina

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,  On a server with GMSC 2016 SP2 i have also this issue. No preview. MIME .json (application/json) is declared in IIS. Seem to be a security issue, but where. Please if someone know the solution, let's me know because i can't create symbols for customer. Thanks a lot.  Emmanuel

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Cristina,

I've checked on my server and the .map MIME type in IIS is not text/html, but text/plain. Do you know if there is any reason it has been changed? Can you please try to change it?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Staff

Hi Stefano

I don't know why it has been changed. I will try to change it to text/plain and let you know. Thanks!

Cristina

Highlighted
Staff

Do I have to restart any services after changing the value to text/plain?

Highlighted
Staff

The security update KB4040972 seems to be causing the problem. We were able to test it on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. Before installing it, the previews worked fine. After istalling the mentioned update, the previews did not work anymore. Removing the KB4040972 could solve this problem again.

Highlighted
Staff

Thanks Cristina for sharing. So it is still probably relevant to this:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GMSC-Q-A/Installation-of-Microsoft-KB4041085-causes-proble...

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial