GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Two line label in line feature

We have a water pipe feature in our GMSC environement. The layer is based on a view. We should add to this line labels. On top of the line diameter and length and below the material.

The label should be always in readable direction, aka not upside down.

How could we achieve this?

We tried a few things, but nothing worked so far.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Two line label in line feature

Hi Gideon,

when using the text symbolizer, there it is possible to create a label with two or more text symbolizers.

In doing this it can be done that one of these text symbolizers is set to 'top' for 'vertical' placement while the other is set to 'bottom'.

In this way you have a label element below and another label element on top of the line feature.

Here is an example of what I mean in symbolizer preview and hopefully it helps in your case

top_bottom.PNG

Contributor

I forgot to mention, we are using GMSC 16.4 So it is the old way of symbology

Technical Evangelist

Hi Gideon,

The screenshot I provided is coming from GMSC 16.4 so it should be accessible to you on that version as well.

Contributor

So the text is part of a line symbol as you can see below. It is a line feature with a label. (Not DB labeling)

I have two text symbols in it. My problems are:

• When I use a point placement it is drawing me the labels upside down if the line is drawn from right to left.
  • If I use a line placement, the two texts are not on the same place

So I wonder if there's a way to set in the point placement, that the labels are always readable, or if there is another way.

symbolizer.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor

I realised it is Gmsc 15.4. Sorry for that.