GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff

Using imagery in FormMap

Hi all,

Is it possible to load imagery into a FormMap without having Webmap installed on the same server?

FormMap does not support ECWP and WMTS

I tried using WMS server from Apollo server but the report PictureBox (FormMap placeholder) reports a missing MapSvr module (is this webmap?)

Smart Client 2016 can now load WMS layers without the need for WebMap installed - does this also apply for the FormMap?

Thanks in advance,

Jonny.

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Using imagery in FormMap

[ Edited ]

Hi Jonny,

the reason FormMap does not support ECWP and WMTS is that those loaders are client side connected. The same applies to the new WMS and WFS loaders in version 2016. 

If you need an image to be loaded in a FormMap it must be loaded on the server, so as standard imagery (live/cache) or through the WebMap connectors.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Stefano,

We have 2016 installed and I am trying to add an image to a formmap.

It is cached and Webmap is installed but the image doesn't appear.

Am I missing something?

Regards,

Josh

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Josh,

can you see the image in the main map? Just to confirm the are no problems in publishing it.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Stefano,

The arial imagery does work on the main map but just won't appear on the formmap.

The hi res produces an error in the report but not on the formmap in the form. "Cannot perform query on Map Source....Tranform is not invertible".

Conversly, the low res produces the same error but on the formmap and not the report, possibly because of the scale dependencies and the scale of the map on the report?

The aerial imagery is cached. The data source is GWMSqlServer2005.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

It turns out some of the published tiles are causing the error, so even though the aerials appear in Smart Client it won't appear in the formreport due to these. Instead of publishing again (which takes hours) I created a live version of the aerials just for the formreport, and it appears to work ok, not too slow.

Josh