GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMS Error - SSLHandshakeException

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a WMS in GMSC 16.5.331.2.

This is the URL: https://sgx.geodatenzentrum.de/wms_topplus_open?request=GetCapabilities&service=WMS

And these are my settings in Admin:

Feature loader: WMS

Output type: png

Entity: TopPlusOpen

Axis Order: Easting Northing

SRS: 3857

But everytime I'm trying to load it, I receive the following error:

Jul 28, 2020 10:40:02 AM FINEST: Can't load WMS Capabilities [feature=[1060] WMS_TopPlus] because of an exception! --> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.WmsFeatureTileCurator.loadCapabilities
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Jul 28, 2020 10:40:02 AM SEVERE: Can't create temporary OGC tile [feature=[1060] WMS_TopPlus] because of an exception! --> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTiles
java.lang.NullPointerException

I event imported the ssl certificates from the wms into cacerts file, but it still doesn't work. 

I also installed the certificates on my client

P.S. I tried integrating the wms in other applications and it works.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Staff

Re: WMS Error - SSLHandshakeException

it is working in GMSC 16.6.65.2, do you have any chance to upgrade your server?

How did you import the certificate in the local store? It could be that the versions of the SSL/TLS protocolos implemented are different, sometimes importing the certificate helps.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Thank you for the fast answer. I will install version 16.6.85.1 and try it out.

I placed the certificate under Trusted Root Certification Authorities on my local machine. Is it okay? 

Regards

Miroslav

Technical Evangelist

Hi,

I've managed to connect in 16.5.230.10. There are few problems, the layer name of TopPlusOpen is actually "web", "TopPlusOpen" is a title. But this layer cannot be displayed even in GeoMedia. I think the problem is somewhere in the layer extent in capabilities, so I tried another one - p250. This one can be displayed in GMSC 16.5. So there seems to be no problem with the SSL certificate.

Pavel