GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMS getcapabilities issue in GMSC 2016

Hi all,

I try to configure WMS in GMSC 2016 and I get this error

21.7.2016 6:57:10 FINEST:	Loading WMS-capabilities [http://geoportal.cuzk.cz/WMS_ORTOFOTO_PUB/WMService.aspx?Service=WMS&Request=GetCapabilities]				--> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.binding.WmsVersionHandlers.loadCapabilities
21.7.2016 6:57:10 FINEST:	Can't load WMS Capabilities [feature=[64] WMS - Klady mapových listů] because of an exception!				--> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.WmsFeatureTileCurator.loadCapabilities
javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException
 - with linked exception:
[org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 325; Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.]
	at javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.createUnmarshalException(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.binding.WmsVersionHandler_1_3_0.unmarshallGetCapabiltiesResponse(WmsVersionHandler_1_3_0.java:54)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.binding.WmsVersionHandlers.loadCapabilities(WmsVersionHandlers.java:133)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.WmsFeatureTileCurator.loadCapabilities(WmsFeatureTileCurator.java:308)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.lambda$createTemporaryTiles$0(OgcFeatureTileCurator.java:106)
	at java.util.HashMap.computeIfAbsent(Unknown Source)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.CapabilitiesCache.get(CapabilitiesCache.java:34)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTiles(OgcFeatureTileCurator.java:104)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.getFeatureTilesForRange(OgcFeatureTileCurator.java:57)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.FeatureContentOrder.createLoadOrder(FeatureContentOrder.java:85)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.createFeatureRenderOrders(BaseMapContentLoader.java:99)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.loadContentRequest(BaseMapContentLoader.java:55)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.MapContentController.run(MapContentController.java:88)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 2; columnNumber: 325; Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	... 15 more
21.7.2016 6:57:10 SEVERE:	Can't create temporary OGC tile [feature=[64] WMS - Klady mapových listů] because of an exception!				--> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTiles
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.WmsFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTilesForRange(WmsFeatureTileCurator.java:81)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.wms.WmsFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTilesForRange(WmsFeatureTileCurator.java:56)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTiles(OgcFeatureTileCurator.java:109)
	at com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.getFeatureTilesForRange(OgcFeatureTileCurator.java:57)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.FeatureContentOrder.createLoadOrder(FeatureContentOrder.java:85)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.createFeatureRenderOrders(BaseMapContentLoader.java:99)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.loadContentRequest(BaseMapContentLoader.java:55)
	at com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.MapContentController.run(MapContentController.java:88)
21.7.2016 6:57:10 FINEST:	[[FeatureRenderOrder for 64 toColse:  toLoad: ]]				--> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.core.browsing.BaseMapContentLoader.loadContentRequest

Feature configuration:

Entity: GR_ORTFOTORGB

Url: http://geoportal.cuzk.cz/WMS_ORTOFOTO_PUB/WMService.aspx?

Axis order: Easting Northing

Cordinate system: EPSG:5514

GMSC administration test of the feature returns correct.

I have tried another WMS services, but still the same issue.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Jakub

Contributor

Re: WMS getcapabilities issue in GMSC 2016

Hi,

I have experienced the same issue. Some WMS was working correctly and other one not. The weird thing was logging information. There was directly getMap logged for the working WMS. No getCapabilities. The "wrong" one logged only getCapabilities. Log level is all.

The "wrong" wms can be displayed in all other clients.

Lukas

Frequent Contributor

SR: 1-1346169731

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jakub,

I have seen a similar SR/CR recently -- "GMSC 2016 native WMS renderer is not able to read umlaut characters from the received GetCapabilities document and throws an exception"

I notice your feature name also contains a special character:

21.7.2016 6:57:10 SEVERE: Can't create temporary OGC tile [feature=[64] WMS - Klady mapových listů] because of an exception! --> [MapContentController] com.intergraph.web.plugin.ogc.OgcFeatureTileCurator.createTemporaryTiles java.lang.NullPointerException

I believe special characters like '-' or '&' appearing in any attribute of the GetCapabilities document would trigger the error as well.

Could you confirm that this is causing the error at your end ?

Thanks

Frank

Staff

Line 2 character 326 is the first umlaut character in the returned getcapabilities document.

So I would say that this is the same problem.

Regards,

Phil

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Confirmed. If I remove all non-ascii characters from GetCapabilities document, everything works fine.

Regex used to remove non-ascii characters was [^\x1F-\x7F]+.

Regards,

Jakub

Technical Evangelist

Hi Jakub,

I have attached CR-D 1-M327H9 to your SR

Thanks

Frank

Contributor

Hi,

This error appears also in our case. And we found it already during upgrading a production system on our customer side !!!

As our customer is using an external WMS services and doesn’t have possibility to change GetCapabilities he can’t use these WMS.

In this case this is critical error as they can’t use such important WMS like national ortophotomap, topographical or DTM data.

I think that no ASCII characters are allowed according to OGC and INSPIRE specs for descriptions, entity names and so on?

When should we expect to repair this bug?

Regards

Piotr

Technical Evangelist

Hi Piotr,

I think this CR has been escalated today.  Please contact support if you would like to have more details.

Regards,

Frank

Technical Evangelist

Hi Pkrok,

if you upgraded enviorment from GMSC 2015 to GMSC 2016, than change the "Feature Loader" from WMS to Live and GMSC uses WebMap to consume a WMS at the client-side. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue of our new client-side WMS feature and let you know when we the root-cause of this issue.

Best Regards,

Steve