GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

cannot display feature on the map

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have postgres table rzgw2, that is configured in GMSC2016. In postgres table is situated in public schema.

I cannot show this table on the map. Whan can be wrong?

zizu_9.png 

On GMSC log thw following error appears:

2018-04-11 15:04:05 SEVERE: The following tile can't be loaded because of an exception! [OnlineFeatureTile[feature=13, identifier=000070, bounds=[-666.64,779999.98,1030666.64,130000.02]]] --> [pool-14-thread-8] com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call
java.io.IOException: The MapService returns the following status code: 500 The MapService returns an Internal Server Error.
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.handleHttpResponse(LiveDataLoader.java:266)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.download(LiveDataLoader.java:202)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:116)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:63)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:57)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2018-04-11 15:04:19 SEVERE: The following tile can't be loaded because of an exception! [OnlineFeatureTile[feature=13, identifier=000071, bounds=[-71688.19,779999.93,1101688.19,130000.07]]] --> [pool-14-thread-2] com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call
java.io.IOException: The MapService returns the following status code: 500 The MapService returns an Internal Server Error.
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.handleHttpResponse(LiveDataLoader.java:266)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.download(LiveDataLoader.java:202)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.LiveDataLoader.processTile(LiveDataLoader.java:116)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:63)
at com.intergraph.web.core.data.loader.ParallelFeatureLoader$1.call(ParallelFeatureLoader.java:57)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regular Contributor

Re: cannot display feature on the map

I've found that it's data problem. Probably it's about geometry_spa column. Content of this column seems to be need to correctly display records. But what can I do in situation, when my database records have geometry_spa column empty? How can I fill it?

zizu_10.png

Technical Evangelist

It looks like your geometry field is also empty. So there are no geometries in that table.

Pavel

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can see data in map view in GeoMedia, so geometry data is stored somehow. Probably pgadmin4 presents bytea type fields content as null, even if it is not null.

zizu_11.png

Regular Contributor

Ok, the reason was, that some records in postgres database are GeometryCollection type.

When I delete those two records, all works correctly.

Is GMSC2016 support GeometryCollection in Postgis2016?

Technical Evangelist

SmartClient cannot display multiple geometries if the geometry field type is GEOMETRY or other generic geometry type. This is because most of the PostGIS geometry functions do not operate on such geometries. However, you can view multiple geometries if you define a view forcing the geometry type to be MULTIPOINT, MULTILINESTRING or MULTIPOLYGON. You can do that for example as:

CREATE VIEW mylineview AS SELECT linetest1.id,
linetest1.name,
linetest1.geometry,
st_force_2d(st_collectionextract(linetest1.geometry_spa, 2)) AS geometry_spa
FROM linetest1;

this is for linear features. It will be similar for point (type 1) and area (type 3). After creating such a view, it can be displayed in SmartClient.

Pavel

Regular Contributor

That's good idea.

Thanks!