GMSC Discussions

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

mapselect.fit2select.scale - spelling errors in German translation

[ Edited ]

Hello,

in gmsc-core-kernel-16.5.316.4.jar I have noticed in language_de.properties some misspellings:

mapselect.fit2select.title = Elemente einpassen
mapselect.fit2select.scale = <html><body>Objektklasse '{s}' ist aktiv, jedoch kann diese nur bis zu einem maximalen Ma\u00dfstab von {s} anzeigt werden.<br>Der anzuzeigende Bereich liegt jedoch aussheralb des zul\u00e4ssigen Ma\u00dfstabsbereich der Objektklasse '{s}' und wird dadurch nicht mehr angzeigt.<br><br>Mit Ok wird die Karte auf den vollen Bereich eingepasst und die Objektklasse wird nicht mehr sichtbar sein.</body><html>

Correct version:

mapselect.fit2select.title = Elemente anpassen
mapselect.fit2select.scale = <html><body>Objektklasse '{s}' ist aktiv, jedoch kann diese nur bis zu einem maximalen Ma\u00dfstab von {s} angezeigt werden.<br>Der anzuzeigende Bereich liegt jedoch au\u00dferhalb des zul\u00e4ssigen Ma\u00dfstabsbereich der Objektklasse '{s}' und wird dadurch nicht mehr angezeigt.<br><br>Mit Ok wird die Karte auf den vollen Bereich angepasst und die Objektklasse wird nicht mehr sichtbar sein.</body><html>

Is it possible to overwrite the incorrect default text ourselves or do we have to wait for a new GMSC release?

Thx for your support,

Bernhard

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: mapselect.fit2select.scale - spelling errors in German translation

Hi Bernhard,

You can safely change the language properties file (on the GMSC server).

I will create a tracking record in our backlog in order to have the german phrases corrected.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I have also checked the records on the localization server that are now almost matching your suggestion. It also may be, that the wording can differ due to regional dialect. It would be probably best if you consulted this with your GMSC solution provider.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you very much for the response!

So this means that I can overwrite the default translation like it is described in this article?

http://smartclient.intergraph.at/documentation/Localize_GeoMedia_Smart_Client_(How_To)

Br

Bernhard

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Yes, it may be possible but I'd recommend using region-specific language variant, e.g. de-AT, de-CH, etc...

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm not sure where/how to specify these language variants.

Currently we have some language files defined here: \Administrator\Content\Scripts\IGForm\cultures

Named e.g. ig.culture.de-AT.js or validation.culture.de-AT.js

But how to address these specific labels (mapselect.fit2select.title, mapselect.fit2select.scale)?

I could not find any explanations in the online docu - probably I am overlooking something?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I rather thought that you could possibly register on the localization portal and update the existing translations. Then you can generate a new JAR consisting of the JSON file.

It may be possible to unpack the JAR (it's actually a ZIP file) and change the language_de.properties file. Then pack it up again and rename to JAR. I'd yet need to verify it works this way.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I just verified that modifying of the JAR file is not possible as it is signed and by modifying the signature will break.

The only option therefore is to do complete JAR file for the particular language dialect.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks a lot for the infos!

It worked out finally by creating a language file with https://gmscdemo.hexagongeospatial.com/I18N .

I only have 2 questions left:

1) While setting the new translation it shows me the following warning:

"This license may not be used on a production system. If you use this license on a production system you are in violation of the EULA."

Does this mean I am not allowed to use the generated jar file on production?

How could I generate a language jar file for production?

2) Unfortunately my user "Bernhard" has only the permission to create "de-AT" language files. How can I generate files for other languages (especially "de-DE", "de-CH", "de", "en")? Could anyone give me these rights?

Thanks,

Bernhard

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bernhard,

please keep in mind that in my opinion "Elemente einpassen" is indeed the correct translation. Its meaning is "Fit elements to scale". "Elemente anpassen" would mean something like "Change the elements".

Regards,

Sven