Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

General discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

ideas status

[ Edited ]

Hi,

all of us users have entered our ideas.

some ideas have been sent a long time ago.

some have gotten many like.

many have been cataloged as candidates.

it would be nice to know a timing for development.

thanks

Giulio

Community Manager

Re: ideas

Hi Giulio,

The status candidate means that the idea could be implemented in the future if the idea is top ranked and has enough votes. It does not mean it is planned to implement it. When the idea is "Targeted for an upcoming release", you can check the comments to see the product team has informed about in which release it will be included.

Please review the guidelines with all the definitions of the status: https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/About-the-Community/Ideation-guidelines/ba-p/16696

Florent

Community Manager

Florent Caelen
Community Manager
Please send me a private message if you need any assistance about the Community.
Highlighted
Contributor

thank you for the clarification.

I see:

overall there are 16 Targeted for an upcoming release.
between these some have very few votes.

in geomedia there are many ideas with candidate and with hight ranked but there aren't Targeted for an upcoming release.....

is there any hope?

ciao

Giulio

Community Manager

Some GeoMedia ideas have already been implemented in GeoMedia 2018. I am sure the product team is considering the current candidate ideas for the next major release.

Florent Caelen
Community Manager
Please send me a private message if you need any assistance about the Community.
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Yes, the GeoMedia team pays a lot of attention to submitted Ideas, it is nearly an every day affair for me.  And yes we will be executing numerous Ideas for our next major release, which will be the first major release for which the Ideation board has been present during our planning stages.

Keep in mind that the board became active only a few months before the 2018 release, at which time plans were already set and mostly executed, so we knew at that time that there would be little influence on the release scope.  However with the Update 1 and Update 2 releases of GeoMedia Desktop and Spatial Modeler, the GeoMedia team has delivered more than 15 Ideas already - some submitted by us for voting, some submitted by partners and customers, some with lots of votes, some with not many.  (When we execute one with low votes there will usually be some specific reason, such as: it is very quick/easy to do, it fits with other work ongoing, it was already planned or done, etc.)

We operate in an agile fashion, so there will not be one big moment at which we declare a certain set of Ideas to be targeted for the next release.  As our plans evolve, we will likely tag them only once we have confidence of being able to deliver.  - Hal

Community Manager

Thanks @Hal for your helpful comment Smiley Happy

I am gonna move this topic to the General discussion board as it is more a discussion than an idea.

Florent Caelen
Community Manager
Contributor

I understand.

but why this 15 ideas not have a status Targeted for an upcoming release ? ....

in any case it would be useful to know the planning of the evolution of geomedia.

for example, you said thet every new beginning year there is a new rmajor release.
if it's true, the list of changes should be already be available
now it's the end of year ....

thanks !

Giulio

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

They have a status now of Delivered.  In most cases they did formally have a Targeted status, but we've now delivered them.  In a couple of cases they went straight from Candidate to Delivered because the decision was made very suddenly, or an Idea was submitted that was already delivered (or nearly so).  Note that the 15+ are spread across the GeoMedia, GeoMedia Add-ons, and Spatial Modeler products.

I'm not sure who said something to you like "every new beginning year there is a new rmajor release".  I simply noted that we have already delivered some Ideas with Update 1 and Update 2 of GeoMedia Desktop 2018 (these were in July and November of this year), and that additional Ideas will be implemented in our next major release.  That release is targeted for 01-Oct-2019 for all Hexagon Geospatial products.  - Hal

Contributor

of all the ideas that have been candidate in this last year

is it possible to know what and when they will be implemented ?

Is it possible to have a development perspective ?

thanks

Giulio

Community Manager

hi @giulio 

A "candidate" idea means that it has been reviewed by the product team and this is something that could be implemented in the future if there is enough interest. It does not mean it is in the product roadmap.

You need to check the ideas with the status "targeted for an upcoming release" for knowing what is being implemented and when.

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/About-the-Community/Ideation-guidelines/ba-p/16696

Florent Caelen
Community Manager
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.