GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Coordinate Systems

In Geomedia 2016 (16.1) it was possible to change coordiante systems in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\Coordinate Systems\3.0\Config\

In Geomedia 2018 (16.5) I do not find this directory. Wher can I change the coordinate systems in G 2018?

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Coordinate Systems

...\PrivateAssemblies\Config

ie

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Program\PrivateAssemblies\Config

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\PrivateAssemblies\Config

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

Information on this change is documented in the Release_Guide_GM.pdf  under Coordinate Systems

also

In the Geomedia Object Reference Help under What's New for Version 16.5

with

the User and Developer Documentaion provided with Hexagon GeoMedia Desktop 2018

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes I found that directory yesterday in G2018 (16.5) and I put in my changed grid based datum transformation by changing the autodt.ini like I did in Geomedia 2016 (16.1).

In G2016 everything was OK. It worked.

In Geomedia 2018 (16.5) it is not possible to start Geomedia by selecting a GWS. Geomedia shows an error-window: "failed to open document". When I quit that error-window, Geomedia starts and then it is possible to open the GWS.

Because of that error, I thought I did it to a wrong directory. But the directory was not wrong. The problem is in Geomedia 2018 (16.5).

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

I am not familiar with any reported problem with double-clicking a GeoWorkspace with 16.5, and cannot immediately reproduce the problem myself.  If it persists, you may want to file a support ticket and see if the circumstances of the failure can be determined.  - Hal

Highlighted
Staff

Generally when I get a "failed to open document" there is always a good reason.

1. A path to something in your GWS has changed(Styles, librarys, connections)
  2. The coordinate system reference in you GWS, maybe doesn't exist if you have played around with autodt.ini (Check Gcoordsystem table)
  3. A dataserver to cannot be found (I've built a couple of dataservers that i need to reference with new updates)
Highlighted
Contributor

Nothing changed in my GWS. Everything is OK, when I start Geomedia 2016 (16.1).

Even if I try to open Geomedia 2018 (16.5) by Blank Geoworkspace, I get the error (see pdf).

When I quit the error-windows, Geomedia starts and then it is possible to open the GWS by start - open - GWS.

And the coordinate transformation is OK.

The problem is, that it is not possible to start Geomedia 2018 by dobble-clicking, when autodt.ini is changed.

The same autodt.ini worked in G2016 without problems.

Highlighted
Staff

As Hal said you need to log a Ticket in Support system as the Fehler is specific to your site.

Only other thing i can suggest is Do you have Oracle Client on your machine ? If so is it the 32 bit version ? Not 64 bit.