GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Dynamic label with halo

Hi,

I am using dynamic labelling for my in GeoMedia workspace, that I will publish as WMS service. I want to add white halo around my labels. In label manager dialog box, when I set halo and click ok, it has no affect on the map. Process is shown in the image below:

label issue.PNG

Now when I double click on 'A' in legend entry of Dynamic label and set the style over there as shown in picture below, map does show the halo effect, but as soon as I zoom in or zoom out, this effect goes away. label issue2.PNG

How can i implement this halo effect ??

Regards,

Muhammad Almas

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dynamic label with halo

unfortunately the component is very old compared to the GM component.

many properties of the GM style are not seen by the label manager.

in your case it's simple:

to access all the settings you must select properties !....

ciao

Contributor

Hi Giulio,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain it a bit more "to access all the settings you must select properties !" (Sorry I am relatively new to GeoMedia).

Are you saying 'Properties' from dynamic label manager ? Because that is what I use to get to the Dynamic Labeling, where I define the expression and sytle (where basic font and color is working, but the button STYLE is not working as supposed to be).

Regards,

Muhammad Almas

New Contributor

@giulio wrote:

unfortunately the component is very old compared to the GM component.

many properties of the GM style are not seen by the label manager.

in your case it's simple:

to access all the settings you must select properties !....

ciao

Thanks for your reply. Can you please explain it a bit more "to access all the settings you must select properties !" (Sorry I am relatively new to GeoMedia).

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

from the legend, access the properties of item

label issue2.PNG

next select properties for access at all definition ( Halo )

Clipboard02.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Hi all,

You can not generate dynamic (or static) labels directly with a halo with the integrated GM functions, you must :

• modify the style of the labels and add a halo from the style properties
  • select all the labels and modify them by using the 'Change Properties' command to add the halo (it can take time)

Regards