GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Forcing excel columns to text format

Hi all,

when I attach a XLS file, GeoMedia interprets a specific column as format double. But in fact this is a parcel number column, containing data like 111 and 111/1. The second value will be skipped by GeoMedia.

I tried to format the excel sheet to text or added text in the first data line, no success.  I tried to use formatattribute, but the missing data stay missing.

How can I force GeoMedia to read this excel column as text?

Regards

Karl-Heinz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: Forcing excel columns to text format

I can't answer your question, but I do want to mention, in case you have the opportunity to use later software, that GeoMedia 2020 has introduced a new Excel data server that is vastly superior to the old Access "attach" mechanism and its use of Microsoft ISAM driver technology.  You can even drag-and-drop an XLSX into your GeoWorkspace to connect to it.  - Hal

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Forcing excel columns to text format

Thanks Hal for pointing out this possibility. This is clearly a way to go.