GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Functional attribute to create a polygon out of points depending on a attribute value

Hi all,
I have a question about a functional attribute. I want to combine points (geometry type: point), which share an attribute value (for example: status = 1) to a polygon (geometry type: polygon). So that afterwards I have a polygon which includes all points where the status is 1. Is this the right way to use the function attribute? Or is there another possibility?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Functional attribute to create a polygon out of points depending on a attribute value

Hi,

If your points are ordered, you can use the CREATEPOLYGON functional attribute to create an output geometry. This function requires an attribute name to order the points (default is the key)

Regards

Benoît

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Functional attribute to create a polygon out of points depending on a attribute value

Thank you so much. And if the points are not ordered?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Not possible to get the result directly by FA if your points are not ordered

I see the following workarounds :

• Develop by yourself a custom FA to calculate a convex hull area (never tested but I know it is possible)
  • Develop a custom GeoMedia command to generate a convex hull area (I have made such a command for a customer)
  • Use the 'Create Convex Hull' operator in the Spatial Modeler to do the job (never tested, but must work)

Regards

Benoît