GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

GMApplicationEventPackage and AppDotNetSupport.dll reference change going from 16.5 to 16.6

Just did a quick test of my custom commands running with GeoMedia 16.6. They run fine with 16.0 and 16.5. I am getting an error when loading. The error is an assembly binding error that AppDotNetSupport.dll cannot be found. 

I'm wondering what has changed with this new version in that my command cannot find that specific dll and what is the remedy.

Thanks

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: GMApplicationEventPackage and AppDotNetSupport.dll reference change going from 16.5 to 16.6

From the Release Guide, and from the Developer Impacts help topic (under Overview) in the GeoMedia Object Reference, both available from the Start menu:

With this release, GeoMedia has been upgraded to use of Visual Studio 2017. Application software based on GeoMedia objects must be rebuilt for compatibility with GeoMedia Desktop.

• The managed components of GeoMedia are built against the 4.7.2 .NET Framework. As a result, the components that are built on top of them are required to update their C#, VB.net and managed VC++ components to be targeted to the .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher and then be rebuilt. A side effect of not doing this is that managed content will not be found due to incompatible frameworks.

I'm thinking that this is what you've run into, but let us know if it is something beyond this.  - Hal