GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

GeoMedia 3D

Hello,

I have a Plan of of builfind footprints, units within and the floor information. How do I get to render the information in 3D with the number of floors well defined as showcased in the Property Valuation with GeoMedia 3D Video?

What attribute filed shold I use to get arepresentation of all distinct floors of the building?

Advise

Regards,

Kevin.

Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia 3D

We indeed can collect features in 3D space and at heights above the surface.  However, the settings for editing/measuring operations as well as the display settings for the collected feature class (i.e. specified via the Style Properties > 3D Settings > Altitude Options) must be correctly configured.  Please refer to the GeoMedia 3D Help > Hints and Tips > Editing and Measuring in 3D topic for further details.  For collecting the points, the GeoMedia 3D Preferences/Options > Editing Tab settings will need to be adjusted (see help topic) and for proper display, the Style Properties > 3D Settings > Altitude Options will need to be adjusted.

Learning GeoMedia 3D

1. Go to http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Tutorials/tkb-p/KS_GeoMedia_TutorialsKB. This website contains a variety of step-by-step tutorials. Start the learning process using the Getting Started with GeoMedia 3D introductory tutorial. This tutorial describes the datasets that are delivered with the GeoMedia tutorials and then interactively introduces you to some of the key capabilities within GeoMedia 3D using a set of sample workflows. Once complete, interactively work your way through the other tutorials.
  2. Go to http://hexagongeospatial.com/support/training. This website contains a variety of eTraining videos. Hexagon Geospatial eTraining provides training on demand and at your own pace. With content designed for both the seasoned veteran and geospatial novice, these quick, task-focused videos help you harness the Power Portfolio. New content is added frequently, so check back often.

If needed, log a support ticket at the Geospatial Support Portal  https://hexagongeospatial.force.com/supportportal/s/

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

How do I get modify the altitutde options so that I can render bulidnigs with the number of floors in 3D? This is not covered in the below linked tutorials for working with GeoMedia 3D.

Regards,

Kevin

Technical Evangelist

Basically, you have Individual room data stored in the Access database connected to the vector room geometry which in the 3D Map window display is controlled by Style Properties 3D Settings tab.

Every room on every floor has a database record in the Access database. You can see this in the video.  These records are used to store the information needed to display and select the specific rooms in the 3D window.  Different queries are created using these record values to find specific rooms.

The  "Sample_Building_Units" feature class (193 records)  uses the Floor_Offset value for each record to display the correct height in the 3D Map window by setting the Style Properties 3D Settings tab for the  "Sample_Building_Unitsfeature class.

Look again at the video for the following at specific times:

7:39  2D map window view Sample_Building_Units single room feature class record

9:07 3D map window view Sample_Building_Units single room feature class record and table record view, notice "Floor_Offset" attribute value in Access database. The different red color display is a result of creating a Thematic Map legend entry based on room attribute values.

KGraham