GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia - Convert line feature to polygon

Hi all, 

Now I have some line feature layers, I want to generate new polygon layer from them.

I've tried use Insert Area by Face tool. But it only creates one polygon in one click (OK). 

Is there auto convert tool (line to polygon) in GeoMedia? Pls let me know about this. 

Thanks all. 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: GeoMedia - Convert line feature to polygon

Hi

Check the data integrity. Insert Area by Face works fine if the geometry is correct, in my experience. Does the lines build really closed areas?!

Regards,

hesrah

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Hesrah, 

As I mentioned, with Insert Area by Faces, you can only create one polygon in one click. If your data has several hundred - several thousand feature, it is impossible. 

So I want to search other tool - auto convert line layer to polygon layer (all features in one command). 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi NhungNguyen

'Insert Area by Face' creates all polygons which can be found as closed areas with the selected elements. I guess it's exactly what you need.

'Insert Area by Face Interactively' does insert polygon by polygon with interactive clicks.

Regards,

hesrah

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

And turn off the option 'Display Properties Dialog for New Features' (ribbon 'Vector' > 'Options').