GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 1 fails to open GWS

Having just installed GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 1 on Windows 10, I now cannot open an existing or new GeoWorkspace. Error is 'Failed to open document', with 'Error creating a new Geoworkspace Source:   Description:Unable to create new Geoworkspace'.

We have also seen this isuse on Windows Server 2012.

Any suggestions please? Teh update cannot be uninstalled, so will mean a complete uninstall and reinstall of GeoMedia Desktop 2018.

Thanks

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 1 fails to open GWS

Richard, that is news to us, and alarming.  Please file a Support Ticket and send in your GeoWorkspace and workflow.  We have not seen this.

Regarding inability to uninstall the update, why do you say that it cannot be uninstalled?  I am unaware of any problems here, either.  On Windows 10 you'll need to:

1. Invoke Control Panel
  2. Under the "Programs" header invoke "Uninstall a program"
  3. On the lefthand side invoke "View installed updates"
  4. Under the "Hexagon GeoMedia Desktop 2018" header select "Update 16.5.0.2164"
  5. Click "Uninstall" above the list

If this cannot be found on your system, or fails to run properly, please file a Support Ticket on that too.  - Hal

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hal - on both of our installs, on different machines, it was ANY GWS that would not open, wehter exisitng or a New one from a template. 

Thanks for the uninstall route, that was not something I have used before; just to note though that I had already doen a full uninstall/reinstall of GeoMedia.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I am too having this issue, not being able to open GWS that I just saved before the update. Not even USSampleData.gws. I tested that on Windows Server 2016 with WebMap 2018 Update 1 installed. I can also confirm that WebMap could not be started after the update. I suspect that WebMap installation is the very likely cause of our problems. It looks like it will need to get some attention from both desktop and server groups.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

i do not have WebMap on my machine, so that is not the cause of the issue. WebMap is impacted by the Desktop update though.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Thanks, that's good to know. So these are separate issues then.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

00031674 logged

Product:  GeoMedia Professional CC - DEV Network

Subject:  GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 1 fails to open GWS

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

I still think that this has something to do either with OS or with WebMap. I have now tested the GeoMedia Update on a clean Windows 8.1 machine and I am able to work with existing GeoWorkspaces...

There's some additional strange behavior though - when using NL license - GM Configuration Wizard doesn't seem to pick up this license and asks for inserting a license information, even though the ActivationID is already available and activated. It is needed to return-deactivate current NL license and put it back into Config Wizard. When I had CC license in place, the Config Wizard didn't ask for anything.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

All, a work-around has been found by the dev & support teams. The problem is caused by updated autodt.ini file which somehow altered a content of DLL files too.

In order to fix the GeoMedia 2018 Update 1 together with WebMap installation you have two options:

1. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\PrivateAssemblies\Config\autodt.ini and run WebMap repair.
  2. Or, simply copy the file over from a pre update installation or media. You can extract it from the GeoMedia.cab file located in "<GM2018Installation>\Repository\GeoMedia"
Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial