GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

GeoMedia PDF 2016 - coordinate systems

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to see another coordinate system that WGS84 in PDF file (by acrobat)?

I use GeoMedia + GeoMedia PDF 2016 to create the geospatial PDF file. My GWS and data are in EPSG:5514. I would like to see the output (= PDF) in this crs too. I can see only WGS84 values.

Does anybody know, if the requested functionality is supported by the standard/pdf/geomedia PDF.

Many thanks

Jan

Staff

Re: GeoMedia PDF 2016 - coordinate systems

Looking at the Acrobat Help I see this... 

Change geospatial measuring preferences
You can change the measurement units for all geospatial PDFs in the Preferences dialog box. Click Measuring (Geo) from the Categories section.

[...snip...]

Always Display Latitude And Longitude As WGS 1984

Select to ensure that latitude and longitude use the current standard reference frame for earth (World Geodetic System 1984). For older maps that were drawn with an earlier grid (such as NAD 1927), you can deselect this option to see the original values. When an older map is registered in its native coordinates, coordinate positions can be different from current standards used in GPS devices and web mapping services.

I see no option for displaying projected coordinates.

HTH,

Eric

Frequent Contributor

Hi Eric, many thanks.

I know this preference value, unfortunately it does not do what I want. :-(

I also tried export another map  in another projected CRS, but it does not help. (I tried it for batchplotting sample gws - madison county alabama).

Team, any other tip? Does anybody know, if it is supported by the ISO pdf standard?

thank you

Jan

Staff

Hi Jan

I encountered exactly the same problem with GeoMedia PDF 2016 v16.2. The coordinates are still displayed in WGS84, althought I have another crs set in my GWS. Were you able to find a way to display the coordinates in another crs?

Thanks a lot

Cristina