GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GeoMedia Uninstall

Having an issue with uninstalling GeoMedia from a user's machine. I get the following error:

LoadLibrary("objects\program\GMRegsvr.exe") failed.
GetLastError returns
0x0000007e
The specified module could not be found..

This seems to be linked to Integraph/Hexagon from looking online. I've tried downloading some of the uninstall files from other topics on this forum, and saved them under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoMedia Objects\Program

However I've had no luck. Can someone please assist.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: GeoMedia Uninstall

Hi aaron

Seems the uninstall routine can't handle the blank space in the installation path.

LoadLibrary("objects\program\GMRegsvr.exe") failed.

instead of

LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files (x86)\GeoMedia objects\program\GMRegsvr.exe") failed.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks. I tried changing the path to GeoMediaObjects instead - but ended up throwing a different error.

Is there a way to force uninstall this?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Also, another user has had a similar issues:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Discussions/GeoMedia-6-1-Manual-Uninstall/m-p/12...

However doesn't seem to be linked to the space. I'm guessing the error will only copy so many characters or something.

Seems to be an issue with the uninstall files - however I've done some switching around and copying (based on the solution to the other thread), with no success.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Think I may have solved this. 

I ran a repair on the GM Objects in Control Panel, the ran the uninstall.