GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geomedia get stuck when double clicking on any feature

Hi,

Suddently Geomedia gets stuck when double clicking on any feature.

I got this log which seems to be related.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user USERNAME SID (S-1-5-21-1292428093-57989841-1606980848-7195) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable).

In order to fix this we manage to rebuild the User profile ID but I'm affraid that this can happen again. Is anything that I should do/check?

Any idea why this suddently happened? It just happen in only one machine and if this user connects to Geomedia through other machines it works fine. So this issues only happened in one specific machine with one specific user local profile.

Cheers,

Frequent Contributor

Re: Geomedia get stuck when double clicking on any feature

Hi,

I have encountered this behavior this week in only one GWS, but... no idea of why it appears. You double clic on a feature, and nothing appears. It is similar with an old bug when the attribute window was displayed under GM, but this time, the attribute window is not displayed, you just have the solution to kill the GM process

In my case, I have only one connection (File Geodatabase type), and just displayed all the content of the connection

Regards

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

I cannot speak to the first set of symptoms, but regarding the Select Set Properties dialog not appearing (Benoit's point), we have had numerous customers report an issue in which the dialog comes up at the last-remembered position, but that last-remembered position is on a secondary monitor that is no longer connected.  For example you are working at your workstation with 2 monitors, then undock your laptop and start using it and its single monitor.  We have a fix for this pending release with GeoMedia 2020 Update 1, but it may not be what either of you are reporting here.  - Hal

Frequent Contributor

Hey,

In my case, it seems to be linked with the screens position

Regards

Technical Evangelist

The error posted does not appear to be related specifically to GeoMedia. According to the following article from Microsoft, "...the events are recorded when Microsoft components tries to access DCOM components without the required permissions."
Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022522/dcom-event-id-10016-is-logged-in-windows