GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Valued Contributor

Geometry validation

Dear all,

I am doing some tests with geometry validation. Working with polygon geometries, I tried to use the "Validate Connectivity" tools. I have some "shared face" anomaly detected. Is there available a way to manage this anomalies and correct them? How can I proceed?

thank you
Capture.PNG

Staff

Re: Geometry validation

Validate Geometry and Connectivity commands allow automated finding / fixing of many types of anomolies.

When you select an individual anomoly in the 'anomolies to detect' list, it will in cases show an Auto correct  Yes/No option and in some

cases a value criteria to assist in detection or resolution.

auto_correct.png

auto_correct1.png

Valued Contributor

Thank you Roland!

So in case of "shared face" anomalies is not possible to Auto Correct the geometries, is it right?

Frequent Contributor

I confirm that for this type of anomaly there is no automatic correction in GM ...................................................

unfortunately the solution can be found in other products (€€€€€€)

ciao

Staff

Yes it's a manual operation, one must decide which face has priority, See Help - Shared Face