GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Machine learning spatial operators availability within GeoMedia environment?

I notice with GeoMedia 2020, as with previous releases, new ERDAS Imagine 2020 spatial operators are automatically available within GeoMedia Spatial Modeling.

The exception seems to be any spatial operators relating to machine learning.

I also observe that if I install ERDAS Imagine and run Imagine with just the GeoMedia licenses deployed, in Imagine Spatial Modeler the machine learning operators are available. So that would imply the GeoMedia Professional license covers the machine learning operators - is that correct?

So I'm guessing it is a technical limitation at present and so to undertake spatial models involving machine learning I would need to setup / run models using the ERDAS Imagine environment, covered by the GeoMedia Professional license?

(While I'm not yet actively using Machine Learning, just seeing what is needed with GM Pro license/machine learning)

ta

Shaun

Staff

Re: Machine learning spatial operators availability within GeoMedia environment?

Shaun - I beleive the 'limitation' is that GeoMedia is a 32bit application, and so only operators that can run in 32bit are delivered with Spatial Model Editor. So it's not licence related. 

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: Machine learning spatial operators availability within GeoMedia environment?

I confirm Richard's statement.  It would be another benefit to emerge from any Idea you might submit for having GM find a way to use 64-bit SM.  - Hal

Super Contributor

Off course, thanks. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Can I just check following is correct going forward:

GeoMedia comes with ERDAS Imagine Essentials license giving access to ERDAS Imagine and GeoMedia Professional comes with Spatial Modeler license that works with both GeoMedia Spatial Modeler and ERDAS Imagine Spatial Modeler.

Which means as an GeoMedia Profesional licensed user I can use ERDAS Imagine Spatial Modeler for 64-bit operators in the ERDAS Imagine environment (but obviously those models won't run in GeoMedia environment today if they have 64-bit only operators).

[Above seems to work today, but just checking its valid]

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Seems right.  Keep in mind that there are actually two SM-related license features, one for executing models only, and a higher-level one for the editor.  You get the editor-level license when you purchase GeoMedia Professional (only), you get the execution-level license at all tiers.