GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Mapbox WMTS in Geomedia

Hi All,

I am trying to add mapbox wmts in geomedia 2018 but it just shows a bounding box rectangle and not tiles are loaded. Same wmts works fine in QGIS.

Here is the wmts url:

https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/muhammadalmas/cjtj3qeok2e7g1fmr1tztt7d6/wmts?access_token=pk.eyJ1Ij...

Any suggestions ???

Thanks,

Muhammad Almas

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Mapbox WMTS in Geomedia

I am trying to test Geomedia desktop with another WMTS 

https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Demographics/USA_Population_Density/MapServer...

but I get the same result as my above post i.e. no image. Where as it works fine in QGIS.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Muhammad Almas

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I connected to the provided 'mapbox' WMTS URL using the latest GeoMedia Desktop 2018 version (16.5.0.4108) while running the Fiddler web debugging tool in order to see the requests being submitted by the WMTS data server. Using the Fiddler tool, I observed that when the URL for the GET request is submitted the access_token value is being downcased, meaning that all of the characters in the access_token are lower case rather than mixed case.  This results in the response from the WMTS server of "{"message":"Not Authorized - Invalid Token"}". If the same URL is modified to contain the original mixed case access_token value the GET request URL can be submitted successfully via a web browser, so the downcased access_token value is preventing GeoMedia from receiving a response from the WMTS service. There is no workaround for this issue, so please file a support ticket and a bug report will be opened for the problem.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

The issue with the WMTS at https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Demographics/USA_Population_Density/MapServer... is different than the 'mapbox' WMTS, so please log a separate support ticket for this issue.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you very much.

I have opened support tickets for both issues.

Regards,

Muhammad Almas

Highlighted

This issue has been marked as solved; where is the solution? Has there been a patch?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello GöFreyta.

Resolved with the 16.6 Update 1 release in March 2020

Thanks,

Marc