GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Point Cloud (Elevation Color)

[ Edited ]

How can I change the color of the elevation of Point Cloud from Blue (Highest) Red (Lowest) to Blue (Lowest) to Red (Highest)

Highlighted
Staff

Re: Point Cloud (Elevation Color)

As you have not explained how you are looking at the Point Cloud in GeoMedia, I must assume your displaying points you may have loaded via Grid Utilities > LAS files to Feature Class, then used Add Thematic Legend Entry > Range Thematic using Elevation to Classify and have assigned colours to each range style.

Or

Else you have used Grid Elevation Workbench to load in Point Cloud data and generate a Gridded surface.

In the first case using a thematic select the lowest range Style and change its colour to Blue, then select the highest range Style Colour and change to a Red. Now Right Click on the Style column and from the picklist select Ramp Colors, then Apply.

If it’s the Gridded Surface, select the Grid Layer >Layer > View Legend. Select all the entries in the list, Right click and select Color Sequence from the picklist. Set the Blue and Red as end colors then OK, then Apply.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hello, sorry for the wrong context. I have imported the point cloud data using GeoMedia 3D via point cloud tools. When I'm about to change the color algorithm of the point cloud to Elevation the color sequence become Red (Lowest) to Blue (Highest). I want to change the color to the default color sequence that is used for lowest to highest whick is Blue to Red

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hello.  While you can change the color algorithm to Elevation and set the Elevation Start, End, and Interval values for the color sequence, the default color sequence from red (lowest) > green > yellow > blue (highest) is fixed.  If customizing the default color sequence is something you need, you could file a new Product Idea for this capability.