GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff

PostGIS DataSet - Out Of memory in GeoMedia

Dears,

I'm having any tests using with GeoMedia Professional 2016 SP1 connected with PostGreSQL9.5 and PostGIS 2.3.

I'm populating the database with a big dataset. For example, 2 millions of registers of Parcels, 3 millions of registers of Buildings, etc.

When I converted Shapefile to PostGIS using Output Feature Class, it's ok! Was very slow, but it's work! But now when I try to put the buildings features class, that have 3 million of registers (Area type), I can't. The message below appear.

Anybody here has the same problem?

Could you inform me if can there is some problem?

Thanks a lot

Wolmar

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: PostGIS DataSet - Out Of memory in GeoMedia

Hello Wolmar,

have you tried to display the same data from shapefile? Can it be loaded OK?

Pavel

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Pavel,

First of all, Thank you so much for your contact.

I'm so sorry for the delay in answering you.

When I used the same data from shapefile, it's ok!

I did some tests and I could verify that some DLLs didn't register correctly. Then, I decided to put manually the Paths (could you see below) in the System Environment and... Voila... I don't know if this is a solution, but now it's ok!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\CoordSystems\Program;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\QD;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Program;

Thanks for your attention!

Wolmar

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Wolmar,

this is strange, these folders should only be put into PATH environment variable if you are developing on that machine. Otherwise the path should be set via registry, as recommended by Microsoft. I have checked my GeoMedia 2016 installation and indeed, the PATH is correctly set in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\GeoMedia.exe". I suggest you to check whether this registry key exists on your machine and contain the correct folders in the Path variable. If not, then it seems that your GeoMedia installation is somehow broken.

Pavel