GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Recordset is Updatable, but I can't update it.

Hi,

I have a strange problem in Geomedia Desktop 14. I create 2 recordsets by attribute filtering, then I use a Spatial intersection filter on them, and I want to update the result recordset of this spatial filter.
The 2 attribute filtered recordsets are updatable, but this spatial filtered recordset from those 2 is not.
Why is this happening? They are from the same connection, but it says it is updatable, too.
And the connection is readwrite.

Thanks,
Chris

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: Recordset is Updatable, but I can't update it.

You have mentioned both Spatial Intersection, which is an analysis command that generates new read-only features; and Spatial Filter, which is a filtering command that should leave read-write data read-write.  There isn't a "Spatial Intersection filter", so perhaps you can clarify the specific steps you're taking?  Thanks!  - Hal

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Recordset is Updatable, but I can't update it.

I mean I use SpatialInterSectionPipe. It checks the topology of two recordsets wether they are touching each other, or overlap or just meet ect.
The "result" is a recordset, too. I used it in a million times, and it was alwalys updatable.
But I found another strange thing.
If two line(geometrie)s touches each other, it gives me a geometry of "Compound", instead of Line or Polyline. I think, that should be the problem...
But why does it give that back?