GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Reset Spin with Functional Attribute

Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to reset the spin of an object (or many objects) by a functional attribute. I can reset the spin with the workflow "Vector>SpinGeomery: Absolute Angle =0". But is it possible by adding a functional attribute as well? If I add the SPIN attribute to my Geometry, it works as a relative spin and not as an absolute spin.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regadrs, 

Andreas

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Reset Spin with Functional Attribute

To remove the orientation from an OrientedPointGeometry so that it has an angle of 0 you can use an expression like the following...

SPIN(Input.Geometry, (-1 * (ORIENTATION(Input.Geometry)-90)*-1))

To reset the orientation of existing point features you can use the Update Attributes command to update the attribute name that contains the geometry (i.e. the Geometry column) with this expression.  In the example above the geometry column name is Geometry.

If you use this expression with Functional Attributes the result will be a query with a new geometry column set to an angle of 0.

I have added a Knowledge Base article with this information as well...

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Q-A/How-can-the-orientation-of-a-point-feature-be...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks a lot for the support! The expression worked fine for me.

Note: After "Input.Geometry" you need a semicolon instead of a comma.

Regards,

Andreas

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Andreas,

the functional attribute syntax depends on your regional language settings. So if you have the semicolon as a list separator, you must use ";". If you have language set to English, then usually comma is the list separator. The same holds for decimal numbers. Maybe this looks a little bit odd, but you should take it into account.

Pavel