GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMS Service not working correctly

Hello,

I have two issues with a WMS service that I am trying to run in GeoMedia 16.1. This WMS service works perfectly fine using QGIS:

https://www.gebco.net/data_and_products/gebco_web_services/web_map_service/mapserv?

1) If I try this WMS service then all I see is a blue square. If I run GeoMedia as Admin then I see the correct map. Why would running it as Admin make a difference?

2) When I see the map, clicking on the zoom in/out buttons does not work. The view is zoomed but the WMS service remains the same size.

This service works perfectly in QGIS. Do I need any other patches to my GeoMedia 16 to get this to work?

Many thanks for your help!

Adrian

Highlighted
Staff

Re: WMS Service not working correctly

Not sure why works with Admin!

But there was an issue where  GeoMedia 16.5 releases (prior to Update 4) and the current (initial) GeoMedia 16.6 release are unable to serve tiles from a WMTS if the server does not support the older TLS 1.1 or 1.0 protocol. Maybe thats related.

Works in the current GeoMedia 16.6 Update 1 release (See below). And similar issue I had above worked with GeoMedia 16.5 Update 4.

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Roland,

Many thanks for your response! Where can I get the 16.6 download from? When I look on the Hexagon website the latest I can see is 16.2 Patch 3 that was released 4/9/18.

Many thanks

Adrian

Highlighted
Staff

Where you get all the Products on the Community page https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/ under the Downloads Tab

Enter the Category as GeoMedia Desktop, A list should the appear with current products at top.

Capture.JPG

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you for your help. I understand now.

We are actually using the GeoMedia 16 objects, but 16.6 looks like it is GeoMedia 2020. I will try some of the later GeoMedia 16 patches to see if they help otherwise will investigate upgrading to GeoMedia 2020

Many thanks for your help,

Adrian