GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

What is the best way to add a georeferenced raster image

Hello,

I need to update the active MapView with a new raster image each time there is mouse zoom/scroll input. I have the raw raster image in memory and I know the lat/lon coordinates of the corners of the image.

I have the code working to detect the mouse action and generates the appropriate raster image to fill the display correctly, I just need to work out how to add the raster image quickly. Presumably the best way is to add it by georeference as I know the lat/lon of all four coordinates of the image.

How can I easily inject a raster image using the lat/lon coordiantes of where I want it placed? I know how to do it from a raster image stoared in an MDB file but how can I just add a raster image directly from a memory?

Many thanks for your help.

Adrian

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What is the best way to add a georeferenced raster image

Hi Adrian

As far as I know, there is no way to display the image directly from memory.

You have to save the image data in a (temporary) file. This file can be displayed with a legend entry. If you don't have a raster feature from a warehouse to use for the recordset of the legend entry, you can do it with a memory recordset (see https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/GeoMedia-Discussions/How-to-draw-a-rectangle-on-the-MapVi...).

Regards,

hesrah