GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

dynamic labeling - how to set rules for area labeling

Hi

I have the following situation:

There are some parcels (areas defined by black thick lines) and buildings on it (grey areas):

parcel_building.png

The parcels and the buildings are saved in different feature classes. Both of them having an attribute containing a number that should be labeled. 

I need to have the following result: All objects should be labeled. Buildings are only allowed to be labeled inside the building itself. Parcels are allowed to be labeled within the parcel boundary or using a leader line, but they are not allowed to overlap buldings and parcel boundaries.

I tried to define both layers als obsacles, but parcel numbers are written over buildings anyway. It seems that area fills are not valid as an obstacle, only boundaries are used. How can this be configured to work?

Thanks for any hints

Regards

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: dynamic labeling - how to set rules for area labeling

Hi ctheiler,

do you have German cadastral data in use? (Looks like...)

Beside your problem with the boundaries/fill - for which I don't have a solution but observed the same behavour - I want to know why you don't use the defined text positions out of your ALKIS-data?

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

1) label buildings 

2) make a spatial difference between parcels - buildings and label this pipe.

semplice !

ciao

Highlighted
Staff

Hi Giulio

Grazie mille per quella idea...

I did not think of that one, but it should work at least for the final layout. I don't like the solution very much as I need several (it won't be the only layer) queries that need memory and time to update... I need them only for generating the labels, but it seems to be the only solution for the moment.

Indeed I'm working with cadastral data, but the idea was to test labeling without position tables and get a nice result as well ;-)

Regards

Carmen

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Carmen,

we always use semi-dynamic labeling. In most cases this is the most flexible solution.

With semi-dynmaic labeling the label geometries are in a text feature. So they are fast and don't eat memory. They can be updated and freely placed. And you can set the anchor point individually (it's nicer for zooming).

If you are interested in details, you can contact me.

Best regards,

hesrah