GeoMedia Discussions

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

geomedia custom command

Dear, 

im trying to add a pre-build custom commands to a new geomedia app. some consitrations: 

-they where build with geomedia 2018 and visual studio command wizard.

-im trying to include it to geomedia 2020. 

-i can't work with visual studio 2017(the targeted version for geomedia 2020) as there is no geomedia command wizard for geomedia 2020.

-genarrly how can i add and create custom command for geomedia 2020.

thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Re: geomedia custom command

There is a command wizard!  From the release guide for the 2020 release:

The current command wizard, which is implemented as an add-in compatible with older versions of Visual Studio, will be deprecated in a future major release. A new command wizard, which is implemented as an extension compatible with Visual Studio 2017 and higher, is now provided.

You access the command wizard from the extensions system within Visual Studio.  - Hal

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi hal,

thanks alot but how can i work with the old custom commands that was created by add-in in vs 2015 to geomedia 2018 to vs 2017 extention and can i rebuild it to be deployed on geomedia 2020?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

also i can't find the command wizard on vs2019 extention store. from where can i get it or as VSPackage

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hey, you can find the package in this folder ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Wizard