Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GeoMedia Logic used for Ribbon Bars, My Workflows and Key Board Short Cuts

by Technical Evangelist on ‎04-10-2017 02:27 PM (723 Views)

Find below some informal notes that may be helpful to understand how GeoMedia retrieves and stores information for ribbon bars, and key-board short cuts.

Initial Ribbon Bar Construction:

The default settings that are delivered are first read in from:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\CustomizedSettings\StandardSettings.xml

Then the registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intergraph\[GeoMedia Tier]\[version]\RibbonCategories is read/checked for any GeoMedia add-on software applications.

Note: GeoMedia tiers include GeoMedia Professional, GeoMedia Advantage and GeoMedia Essentials

User defined custom ribbon bar settings from Customize Ribbon Bar option (if used) are then read /stored from the file: %LocalAppData%\Intergraph\[Product Tier]\[Product Version]\GMRibbonCustomUI.xml

Example:

C:\Users\JoeSmith\AppData\Local\Intergraph\GeoMedia Professional\16.00\GMRibbonCustomUI.xml

Note: The GMRibbonCustomUI.xml may not exist if the ribbon has not been customized by the user. Additionally, if the GMRibbonCustomUI.xml is deleted it will remove user defined ribbon bar customizations.

My Workflow Tab Commands:

My Workflow commands are read from MyWorkflow.xml located in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Intergraph\[Tier Name]\[Version]\MyWorkflow.xml

Example: C:\Users\JoeSmith\AppData\Local\Intergraph\GeoMedia Professional\15.00\0009

Note: The MyWorkflow.xml may not exist if the user has not added commands to My Workflow. Additionally, if the MyWorkflow.xml is deleted it will remove the users My Workflow tab.  The only exception is if there is one or more custom commands installed which may automatically recreate the MyWorkflow.xml when the application is started.  Custom commands must be un-installed using the /u option of the InstallAppCmd.

Keyboard Short Cuts:

Keyboard Shortcuts are stored in the registry. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intergraph\GeoMedia Professional\Settings\Keyboard-0

It is possible to Export the key to .reg to then import the .reg to other systems (while logged in as the target user on the target system).

Comments
by
on ‎02-26-2020 12:35 AM

How you add commands to my workflow ?

by
on ‎02-27-2020 10:02 PM

How I remove a ribbon command from My Workflow tab?

Thank You !

Rutu

Contributors