How can I add a picklist for an attribute of an existing feature class?
There is an unsupported tool with a graphical user interface called 'GeoMedia PickList Manager' that can be used to create picklists of type GPicklist for existing feature classes (in a limited set of read-write warehouses).
The 'GeoMedia PickList Manager' tool has the following limitations:
Only Access, Oracle Object Model, and SQL Server warehouse connection types are supported.
There is no working Help available for the tool.
The tool is unsupported.
The attached version of PickList Manager is compatible with GeoMedia 16.0, 16.1, 16.2 and 16.5.
The 'GeoMedia PickList Manager' tool is included in the PickListManager.zip file attached to this article. To install the tool and run the tool..
1. Unzip the PickListMgr.exe to a location of your choice.
2. Double-click the PickListMgr.exe to launch the tool.
3. Use the File > Open menu to connect to one of the available supported warehouse types.
4. When prompted 'Do you want to create the "GPicklistTable" table?' click the 'Yes' button.
5. Use the 'Associate PickList to Feature Class' tab to select the desired feature class and to associate a PickList table to an attribute of that feature class. This tab is also used to assign the 'Value Field' and 'Description Field' and optionally provide a 'Filter Clause'.
6. Use the 'Edit PickList Data' tab to select a PickList table and make changes to that PickList table.
GPicklists can also be defined manually if the read-write warehouse type you are using is not supported by the Picklist Manager tool. For additional information regarding picklists of type GPicklist please refer to the online documentation topic named ‘GeoMedia Metadata Requirements’ as linked below: