Windows 7 operating systems
The PService Automation Error message occurs when using locate cursor with Tool tips enabled. GeoMedia may crash after Right - click in the map view and then move cursor around map window to position where pick-quick would appear (multiple locatable features).
Other symptoms include:
• Getting PService Automation Error when using map window tool tip (tooltip).
• Seemly random crashes of application (esp. while locating in map window or using Attribute Properties Control)
• Crash seen when right-click for map window controls then move cursor over locatable features in map window for pick quick control
It is expected that problems may also occur in other commands that use Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), example commands include but are not limited to:
• Select Tool
• Display Properties
• Geometry Information
• Precision Coordinates dockable control
• Select Set Properties
• Name Location
• Display Locations dockable control
• Measure Distance
• Measure Angle
Reviewing the Windows event logs see long error exceptions that include string "MS.Internal.FontFace.CompositeFontParser.Fail"
example snippet seen in event viewer:
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileFormatException
at MS.Internal.FontFace.CompositeFontParser.Fail(System.String, System.Exception)...
Other key words in the event logs may include:
Problem is a result of a specific windows .NET Security Patch on Windows 7 operating system which affects Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). Please see the following links for suggested solutions:
• https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/53 (has suggested work-around workflow)