Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Dialogs - button language vs. browser language

Hi all,

Problem:

Dialogs like these...

dialog_delete.jpg

dialog_close.jpg

... should display german labeled buttons but they seem to ignore the culture setting.

Means:

• URL parameter "lang" is already set as "de-AT", IG.culture returns correctly "de-AT"
  • a check with navigator.language returns "de-DE"

Question:

Why are the dialogs (like window.confirm("my text")) still showing buttons in English and how can I change this?

Additional info:

If I run the application in debug mode and paste the provided link in Chrome or Edge it shows the buttons correctly in German.

So I guess the internal browser is messing this up somehow.

Background info:

The version I am currently debugging is 16.5.316.4

It is kind of a copy & upgrade of previously used version 16.1.0.0

The old version works correctly and shows everything in German.

It's the first time that I am working with GeoMedia Smart Client.. so still learning ;-)

Thanks for any feedback or help!

Br

Bernhard

Staff

Re: Dialogs - button language vs. browser language

Hi Bernhard,

Have you localized already the GMSC?

You can find information on this here.

Occasional Contributor

Hi sclow,

thanks for your response.

It was done already for our previous GMSC version - but yes, maybe something was changed in the meantime (new labels, higher granularity of translations, renamings etc.) and now something is missing.

I will try to adapt the localization.

Currently I am waiting until my new registered user will be unlocked - at the moment it is saying: "This user-account is currently locked. You have to wait until its getting activated by administrator. "

Regards,

Bernhard

Frequent Contributor

Please use

IG.confirm({title:'Bestätigung',message:'Wollen Sie ....?',okMessage:'Ja',cancelMessage:'Nein',callback:myCallBackFunction});

instead of window.confirm().

By the way your mixing GMSC dialogs ("GeoMedia Smart Client beenden" - there the buttons should be localized, but it is a bug right now) and workflow dialogs.

regards

Wolfgang Janesch

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Yes, some of the GMSC buttons cannot be localized and it is a bug (or rather implementation change) in OpenJDK 11:

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8214574

The development will needed to find other way around - it should be fixed in the next patch or release.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.