Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC 2015 vs 2016 raster behavior

Hi all,

I encounter very wierd behavior with the rasters loaded from database registered throught GeoMedia.

Everything works well in GMSC 2015 - rasters are placed in their footprints.

But if I try to do the same thing in 2016 on the same dataset, what a magic happens ... all rasters are displaced related to the upper left corner of the map window

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jakub

Technical Evangelist

Re: GMSC 2015 vs 2016 raster behavior

[ Edited ]

Most likely a bug (or we miss something new :-)

I have the same behavior. Please log an SR.

GM.jpg

GMSC.jpg

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

There is even a different behavior with the TileService (cached feature):

cached created in 2015:

Cache created in GMSC 2015

cached created with 2016:

cached created in 2016

Using a live loader I get the same problem as you.

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Besides the problem with black (or sometimes white) areas in TIFF image display in GMSC 2016 the misinterpreted IMG thematic color table is observed. IMG raster would be successfully displayed in Geomedia desktop 2016 and imported via Access library into GMSC 2016. Unfortunatelly the IMG thematic color table is misinterpreted in GMSC 2016. Looks like negative colors.

ECW displays fine in Geomedia 2016 desktop but not available (raises error) in GMSC 2016 - if stored as Oracle or Access feature class. 

Did not tested ECW in GMSC 2016 as SQL server or PostGIS feature class.

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I have different problem. As far as I understand, GMSC 2016 support ECW images without GWM.

So I have configured my feature as an Oracle feature and not a GWMOracle one (set as live feature). The test setting is OK.

When I try to visualize it in GMSC, nothing is displayed. The log file is telling the following:

System.ApplicationException: `D:\Data\TIGF\Ortho_ECW\\47-2012-0520-6345-LA93.ecw' not recognised as a supported file format.

à OSGeo.GDAL.Gdal.Open(String utf8_path, Access eAccess)
à Intergraph.Emea.Maps.RasterUtil.Create(RasterMapTile rasterMapTile, Double resolution)
à Intergraph.Emea.Maps.RasterOutput.Analyze(IEnumerable`1 rasterMapTiles, Double resolution, BoundingBox mapRange)
à Intergraph.Emea.Maps.RasterOutput..ctor(IEnumerable`1 sourceRaster, BoundingBox mapRange, MapOutputSettings outputInfo)
à Intergraph.Emea.Maps.SpatialDbMapSource.QueryRasterData(Geometry mapRange)
à Intergraph.Emea.Maps.MapSource._Query(Geometry queryGeometry, BoundingBox mapRange)

I can see a double back-slash in the path. Could it be the problem? If yes, why? Rasters are well displayed in GM.

Thank you.

Yohann.

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Jakub,

we were able to reproduce your issue!

If you already logged a SR, please add the note "Was verified and confirmed by GMSC team", so that our support guys know that they can create a CR-D for that.

When the CR-D is ready, we will attach an engineering patch to the CR-D so that you can test if our fix solves your issue.

@yly Please create also a SR for that, with the note "Confirmed by GMSC team". We've found the issue while we debugged Jakub's issue. Therefore we can add an EP to your CR-D.

Best Regards,

Steve

Frequent Contributor

Hi Steve,

thank you for quick reply!

Just to have it on one place, I will later add the CR

SR: 1-1346091481

Regards,

Jakub

Staff

Hi All,

CR-D 1-M9V63P is filed.

Regards,

Frank

Technical Evangelist

Hi,

I attached the engineering patch for GMSC 2016 to the CR-D 1-M9V63P and added some instructions to the Notes.

Please note that you will have to repair the installation first in order to reset the assembly cache, before you update to the next version (SP or Major Version).

Best Regards,

Steve

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi all, 

I have tested the misplaced raster issue and works as expected now.

Thank you guys for prompt patching!

Regards,

Jakub

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.