Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Re: GMSC 2015 vs 2016 raster behavior

[ Edited ]

Hope I can share it ... official information from the support system. 

Hi, I attached an EP for GMSC 2016 which should fix your displacement issue. In addition this EP fixes the "unsupported Format" issue in case of ECW.

Please replace the existing Intergraph.Emea.Maps.dll in your assembly cache which should be at:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Intergraph.Emea.Maps\v4.0_16.0.0.0__9d92a70b1d7f7210

In addition please reset your iis (iisreset) and clean up your Temporary ASP.NET files an
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

BEFORE you UPDATE to the next version (SP or Major Version)
You will have to repair the installation first in order to reset the assembly cache.

DLL is here.

Regards,

Jakub

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I have a GM2016 instance.

I have:

1. replaced the Intergraph.Emea.Maps.dll located in "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Intergraph.Emea.Maps\v4.0_16.0.0.0__9d92a70b1d7f7210" by the one provided by the patch
  2. Delete the content of the ASP.NET temp folder (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files)
  3. Restart IIS

Now, I have an error in the administrator log file when I "Test settings" my raster feature (message bellow). The TileService also doesn't work on this feature. Did I miss a step in the patch installation?!

13.10.2016 14:21:20 ERROR - Controller Feature has raised an exception in Action TestSettings.
Intergraph.Emea.Maps.MapSourceQueryException: Cannot perform query on Map Source.
at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.MapSource._Query(Geometry queryGeometry, BoundingBox mapRange)
at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.MapServerImpl.CreateMapOutput(MapLayer layer, Double leftBoundary, Double bottomBoundary, Double rightBoundary, Double topBoundary, MapOutputSettings outputSettings)
at Intergraph.Emea.SmartClient.Administrator.FeatureController.TestSettings(Feature feature)
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass33.<BeginInvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__32(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c()
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
--- Inner exception ---
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Intergraph.Emea.Maps.RasterOutput' threw an exception.
at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.RasterOutput..ctor(IEnumerable`1 sourceRaster, BoundingBox mapRange, MapOutputSettings outputInfo)
at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.SpatialDbMapSource.QueryRasterData(Geometry mapRange)
at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.MapSource._Query(Geometry queryGeometry, BoundingBox mapRange)
--- Inner exception ---
System.ApplicationException: Can't load requested DLL: C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Program\gdal\x64\plugins\ogr_OCI.dll
193: %1 n’est pas une application Win32 valide.

at Intergraph.Emea.Maps.GdalConfiguration.ConfigureOgr()

Staff

Hi Yohann,

I think your issue is related to this post:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Error-loading-raster-feature...

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Yes, Stefano, thank you.

Occasional Contributor

@yly wrote:

System.ApplicationException: `D:\Data\TIGF\Ortho_ECW\\47-2012-0520-6345-LA93.ecw' not recognised as a supported file format.

Does anyone know which are the supported raster formats? I couldn't find on documentation.

I'm trying to use mrsid images and got the same error.

Roberto Montemor
Solution Consultant
E: roberto.montemor@hexagon.com
HEXAGON Brasil
Staff

it should be any raster format supported by GDAL. In the case of MrSID I see there is a need of an external SDK, so I assume they are not supported in our case.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi,

GMSC 2016.1 uses a thirdparty C# component which wraps GDAL 1.9.2 1.11.1. The following formats will be tested by us:

• PNG
  • TIFF
  • ECW v2
  • JPEG

ECW v3 is not supported by GDAL 1.9.2, therefore you have to use one of the follwing workarounds:

• convert it to ECW v2
  • use WebMap -> same as for GMSC 2015

ECW v3 is supported by GDAL 1.11.1 which is used by GMSC 2016.1

If you check the list of GDAL supported formats ( http://gdal.org/1.11/formats_list.html - Compiled by default), than you will see that GDAL supports a huge number of raster formats.

In addition the GMSC 2016 setup installs the following plugins (see [GMSC_INSTALL]\Program\Gdal\x64\plugins) .

Please note that all these formats will not be tested by the GMSC team and we can't guarantee that any of these formats still work after a version upgrade.  

So @rmontemor the following page should provide us all necessary information about your mrsid stuff:

http://gdal.org/1.11/frmt_mrsid.html

Best Regards,

Steve

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

FYI: The information of my last post will be added to the GMSC 2016 documentation (Load Feature from Database).

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.