Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

GMSC 2016 – FormMap display - MapSvr error

[ Edited ]

Hi all

I have migrated GMSC with workflows rom 2015 in to GMSC 2016 SP 2.

In may workflow I have Form map used and a report with that Map.

<FormMap name="Mapa" visible="form" layers="141,341,381" activelayer="341" drawingmode="highlighted" fitfactor="5" fitelements="SQL[select b.ID from ZRN.ANKIETA_CMENTARZ a inner join ZRN.MV_ZRN_ANKIETA b on b.Inspire_id={FORM.INSPIRE_ID} where a.data_do is null]" template="MapBigTemplate" />

When dispelling the form I have following error:

Cannot perform query on Map Source.

When trying generate the report – the report is generated but I have the following error in map place:

An error has occurred while processing PictureBox 'Mapa':

Cannot perform query on Map Source.

------------- InnerException -------------

Nie można załadować pliku lub zestawu 'MapSvr_exe, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=9ed92a685a4e3166' lub jednej z jego zależności. Nie można odnaleźć określonego pliku.

The error suggest that the problem is with MapSvr.exe – which is a WebMap process. The WebMap is not installed on the server as I thought that in the GMSC2016 is no longer needed as there is a new rendering engine.

What should be reconfigured to fix the problem?

I have server GMSC 2015 working on the same configuration and business data bases and the map is rendered (of course WebMap is installed)

Regards Piotr

Staff

Re: GMSC 2016 – FormMap display - MapSvr error

Hi Piotr,

it depends which types of layers you are using in the formMap. The new loaders (for instance WMS and WFS) are client side, while reporting is done server side. So if the layers come from a WebMap connection you still need it.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Hi Stefano,

Layers come from WMS also.

Does it means that if we want uisng WMS layers in reports we still need WebMap?

Regards Piotr.

Staff

correct, as said the new WMS loader is client side, but because you need it server side WebMap is still needed.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.