Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

GMSC 2016 and Oracle versions

Hi All,

Recently the database server that held our GMSC 2016 config decided to die. Repointing to another db server and running the GMSC config utility has resulted in a couple of problems when running the Administrator to create and configure the config tables.  Our GMSC server remains the same with an Oracle 11.2.0.3 client (as per the install documentation) but when pointing it to a 11.2.0.2 database the config tables are created but remain empty of any default values (i.e. no admin user and no default symbologies).   Point to an Oracle 12.1.0.1 database and no config tables are created.  I've tried updating the client to 12.1.0.1 on the GMSC 2016 server to match the database version and still no tables are created.   In all cases the user privelidges on the database servers are set to those defined in the install doc.  Does this mean that GMSC 2016 can only run with an Oracle 11.2.0.3 client against an Oracle 11.2.0.3 database?

Staff

Re: GMSC 2016 and Oracle versions

Hi,

I've quickly tested it and it works just fine. Here is my config:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.