Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC & Java Web Start support

Hi,

Am a bit curious here... are there any possibilities that the GMSC will be a full browser-based application in the near future? (5 -10 yrs maybe)

Am asking this because i understand that most browsers are removing support for java plugins and that java web start might be or has been the only bloodline for java-based web client applications. I've also read around a little and it is apparent that java web start technology is still not very secure for web-based applications.

Notably i have seen that some components of the GMSC have been converted from jnlp to browser e.g the workflow editor. So in this sense does it mean that GMSC might be a full-fledged web application in the near future?

Regards,

Elvon

Highlighted

Re: GMSC & Java Web Start support

Hello Elvon.

Yes there are plans to move away from Java to be a pure web application in the future but this will take considerable effort and time.

Thanks,

Marc

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.